Car accident? Know Your Rights!
What should I do? If you involved in a car accident know your rights under Oregon law:
- You have the right to choose the doctor of your choice
- You pick the repair shop to fix your car, not the insurance company
- Right to at least $15,000 in medical treatment or two years whichever comes first
- You have a right to a lawyer
- Right to file a lawsuit against your own insurance company
- Right to file a lawsuit against the at fault party
- To be compensated for lost wages up to a maximum of $3,000 per month. This benefit
- is the lesser of 70% of your monthly gross income or $3,000.
- Right to make a claim for economic and non-economic damages.
- Right to a jury trial